BASKETBALL ARBITRAL TRIBUNAL (BAT)
Mr. Klaus Reichert SC
in the arbitration proceedings between
Mr. Anton Gaddefors
c/o Entersport, 128 Heather Dr., New Canaan, CT 06840, USA
– Claimant 1 –
128 Heather Dr., New Canaan, CT 06840, USA
– Claimant 2 –
KK Radnicki Kragujevac
Grada Sirena 15, 34000 Kragujevac, Serbia
– Respondent –
represented by Mr. Vladimir Mihaj, attorney at law
Ul. Alekse Nenadovića 15, Belgrade, Serbia
Upon providing all parties with an opportunity to be heard, having ascertained his jurisdiction and considered the factual and legal arguments as well as the requests for relief submitted in this case, the Arbitrator decides as follows:
1. KK Radnicki Kragujevac is ordered to pay jointly to Mr. Anton Gaddefors and Entersport EUR 15,750.00 net, together with interest at 5% per annum on that amount from 15 January 2014.
2. KK Radnicki Kragujevac is ordered to pay jointly to Mr. Anton Gaddefors and Entersport EUR 1,513.89 as a contribution towards their legal fees and expenses.
3. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 2,940.00, shall be borne by KK Radnicki Kragujevac alone. The BAT shall reimburse EUR 1,058.23 jointly to Mr. Anton Gaddefors and Entersport. Accordingly, KK Radnicki Kragujevac is ordered pay jointly to Mr. Anton Gaddefors and Entersport EUR 2,940.00, being the difference between the arbitration costs advanced by them and the amount they will receive as reimbursement from the BAT.
4. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons (see attached
Notice) shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
5. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.
Arbitral Award 2/4 (BAT 0510/14)
Geneva, seat of the arbitration, 12 June 2014
Arbitral Award 3/4 (BAT 0510/14)
Notice about Request for Reasons
in accordance with Article 16.2 of the BAT Rules:
“By agreeing to submit their dispute to arbitration under these Rules, the Parties agree that, where the value of the dispute does not exceed EUR 30,000, the Arbitrator will issue an award without reasons. The Arbitrator shall deliver reasons only in the case where a party
a) files a request to that effect at any stage from when the Request for Arbitration is filed until no later than ten (10) days after the notification of the award without reasons; and
b) pays the respective advance on costs as determined and within the time limit
set by the BAT Secretariat.”
On 3 March 2014 the BAT Secretariat informed the Parties that the amount of the advance on costs to be paid for a reasoned award in this case is EUR 4,000.00. The time limit for payment thereof shall be set by the BAT Secretariat upon receipt of the Request for
Reasons, if any.
Arbitral Award 4/4 (BAT 0510/14)