BASKETBALL ARBITRAL TRIBUNAL (BAT)
Mr. Stephan Netzle
in the arbitration proceedings between
Mr. Andriy Lebedintsev
– Claimant –
Basketball Club Ferro – ZNTU
Pravdy str. 39, Café “Ferro”
69035 Zaporozhye, Ukraine
represented by its Director Mr. Valeriy Elkinson
– Respondent –
Upon providing both parties with an opportunity to be heard, having ascertained his jurisdiction and considered the factual and legal arguments as well as the requests for relief submitted in this case, the Arbitrator decides as follows:
1. Basketball Club Ferro – ZNTU is ordered to pay to Mr. Andriy Lebedintsev the amount of USD 12,490.63.
2. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 3,500.00, shall be borne by the Basketball Club Ferro – ZNTU alone. Accordingly, the Basketball Club Ferro – ZNTU shall pay to Mr. Andriy Lebedintsev EUR 3,500.00.
3. The parties shall bear their own legal fees and expenses.
4. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons (see attached
Notice) shall be advanced by the requesting party.
5. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.
Geneva, seat of the arbitration, 12 June 2014
Arbitral Award 2/3
Notice about Request for Reasons
in accordance with Article 16.2 of the BAT Rules:
“By agreeing to submit their dispute to arbitration under these Rules, the Parties agree that, where the value of the dispute does not exceed EUR 30,000, the Arbitrator will issue an award without reasons. The Arbitrator shall deliver reasons only in the case where a party
a) files a request to that effect at any stage from when the Request for Arbitration is filed until no later than ten (10) days after the notification of the award without reasons; and
b) pays the respective advance on costs as determined and within the time limit set by the BAT Secretariat.”
On 17 February 2014, the BAT Secretariat informed the Parties that the amount of the advance on costs to be paid for a reasoned award in this case is EUR 5,000.00. The time limit for payment thereof shall be set by the BAT Secretariat upon receipt of the Request for
Reasons, if any.
Arbitral Award 3/3