BASKETBALL ARBITRAL TRIBUNAL (BAT)
Mr. Ulrich Haas
in the arbitration proceedings between
Mr. Roberto Rullo
represented by Mr. Enrico Zorzi, attorney at law, Via Nicola Palma 12, 64100 Teramo, Italy
Basket Veroli s.r.l.
Viale Rimembranza n. 51, 03029 Veroli, Italy
– Claimant –
– Respondent –
represented by its President, Mr. Leonardo Zeppieri
Upon providing both parties with an opportunity to be heard, having ascertained his jurisdiction and considered the factual and legal arguments as well as the requests for relief submitted in this case, the Arbitrator decides as follows:
1. Basket Veroli s.r.l. is ordered to pay to Mr. Roberto Rullo the amount of EUR
21,000 for unpaid salary and termination fee plus interest in the amount of 5%
per annum on the aforementioned amount from 10 July 2012.
2. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 5,000, shall be borne by Basket Veroli s.r.l. Accordingly, Basket Veroli s.r.l. shall pay to Mr. Roberto Rullo EUR 5,000.
3. Basket Veroli s.r.l. is ordered to pay to Mr Roberto Rullo the amount of EUR
3,774 as a contribution towards his legal fees and expenses. Basket Veroli s.r.l. shall bear its own legal fees and expenses.
4. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons (see attached
Notice) shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
5. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.
Geneva, seat of the arbitration, 10 September 2013
Arbitral Award 2/3 (BAT 0377/13)
Notice about Request for Reasons
in accordance with Article 16.2 of the BAT Rules:
“By agreeing to submit their dispute to arbitration under these Rules, the Parties agree that, where the value of the dispute does not exceed EUR 30,000, the Arbitrator will issue an award without reasons. The Arbitrator shall deliver reasons only in the case where a party
a) files a request to that effect at any stage from when the Request for Arbitration is filed until no later than ten (10) days after the notification of the award without reasons; and
b) pays the respective advance on costs as determined and within the time limit set by the BAT Secretariat.”
On 18 April 2013 the BAT Secretariat informed the Parties that the amount of the advance on costs to be paid for a reasoned award in this case is EUR 5,000. The time limit for payment
thereof shall be set by the BAT Secretariat upon receipt of the Request for Reasons, if any.
Arbitral Award 3/3 (BAT 0377/13)