BASKETBALL ARBITRAL TRIBUNAL (BAT)
Mr. Raj Parker
in the arbitration proceedings between
Mr. Sasa Vasiljevic
– Claimant –
represented by Mr. Miodrag Raznatovic, attorney at law, Strahinjica bana 18, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Kolossos Rhodes KAE
1 Plateia Vrouchou, 85100 Rhodes, Greece
– Respondent –
Upon providing both parties with an opportunity to be heard and make submissions, having ascertained his jurisdiction and considered the factual and legal arguments as well as the requests for relief submitted in this case, the Arbitrator decides as follows:
1. Kolossos Rhodes KAE is ordered to pay to Mr. Sasa Vasiljevic compensation for unpaid salary and bonus payments in the amount of EUR 30,000.00.
2. Kolossos Rhodes KAE is ordered to pay to Mr. Sasa Vasiljevic interest of 5% p.a. on the amount of EUR 30,000.00 for a period of 6 months (i.e. a total amount of EUR 750.00).
3. Kolossos Rhodes KAE is ordered to pay to Mr. Sasa Vasiljevic the amount of
EUR 3,000.00 as a contribution towards his legal fees and expenses.
4. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 3,245.00 shall be borne by Kolossos Rhodes KAE alone. Accordingly, Kolossos Rhodes KAE shall pay to Mr. Sasa Vasiljevic EUR 3,245.00. The balance of the Advance on Costs, in the amount of EUR 701.46, will be reimbursed to Mr. Sasa Vasiljevic by the BAT.
5. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons (see attached
Notice) shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
6. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.
Geneva, seat of the arbitration, 4 July 2013
Arbitral Award 2/3
Notice about Request for Reasons
in accordance with Article 16.2 of the BAT Rules:
“By agreeing to submit their dispute to arbitration under these Rules, the Parties agree that, where the value of the dispute does not exceed EUR 30,000, the Arbitrator will issue an award without reasons. The Arbitrator shall deliver reasons only in the case where a party
a) files a request to that effect at any stage from when the Request for Arbitration is filed until no later than ten (10) days after the notification of the award without reasons; and
b) pays the respective advance on costs as determined and within the time limit set by the BAT Secretariat.”
On 5 February 2013 the BAT Secretariat informed the Parties that the amount of the advance on costs to be paid for a reasoned award in this case is EUR 5,000. The time limit for payment thereof shall be set by the BAT Secretariat upon receipt of the Request for
Reasons, if any.
Arbitral Award 3/3