BASKETBALL ARBITRAL TRIBUNAL (BAT)
Mr. Klaus Reichert SC
in the arbitration proceedings between
Mr. Giorgi Gamqrelidze
– Claimant 1 –
C.G. Dimitropoulos & Sia E.E.
both represented by Mr. Sofoklis Pilavios, attorney at law,
29 Irodotou Street, 10673 Athens, Greece
Trefl Sopot S.A.
Plac Dwóch Miast 1, 81-731 Sopot, Poland
– Claimant 2 –
– Respondent –
represented by its Vice-President, Mr. Marcin Kicior
Upon providing both parties with an opportunity to be heard, having ascertained his jurisdiction and considered the factual and legal arguments as well as the requests for relief submitted in this case, the Arbitrator decides as follows:
1. Trefl Sopot S.A. is ordered to pay to Mr. Giorgi Gamqrelidze outstanding salary in the amount of USD 4,000.00 net together with 5% interest per annum from 3 September 2012 onwards.
2. Trefl Sopot S.A. is ordered to pay to C.G. Dimitropoulos & Sia E.E. outstanding agency fees in the amount of USD 400.00 net together with 5% interest per annum from 3 September 2012 onwards.
3. Trefl Sopot S.A. is ordered to pay jointly to Mr. Giorgi Gamqrelidze and C.G.
Dimitropoulos & Sia E.E. the amount of EUR 3,000.00 as a contribution towards their legal costs and expenses. Trefl Sopot S.A. shall bear its own legal costs and expenses.
4. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 3,000.00 shall be borne by Trefl Sopot S.A. alone. Accordingly, Trefl Sopot S.A. is ordered to pay jointly to Mr. Giorgi Gamqrelidze and C.G. Dimitropoulos & Sia E.E. EUR
5. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons (see attached
Notice) shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
6. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.
Geneva, seat of the arbitration, 4 June 2013
Arbitral Award 2/3
Notice about Request for Reasons
in accordance with Article 16.2 of the BAT Rules:
“By agreeing to submit their dispute to arbitration under these Rules, the Parties agree that, where the value of the dispute does not exceed EUR 30,000, the Arbitrator will issue an award without reasons. The Arbitrator shall deliver reasons only in the case where a party
a) files a request to that effect at any stage from when the Request for Arbitration is filed until no later than ten (10) days after the notification of the award without reasons; and
b) pays the respective advance on costs as determined and within the time limit
set by the BAT Secretariat.”
On 4 February 2013 the BAT Secretariat informed the Parties that the amount of the advance on costs to be paid for a reasoned award in this case is EUR 5,000. The time limit for payment thereof shall be set by the BAT Secretariat upon receipt of the Request for
Reasons, if any.
Arbitral Award 3/3