BASKETBALL ARBITRAL TRIBUNAL (BAT)
Mr. Stephan Netzle
in the arbitration proceedings between
Ms. Ashley Paris
– Claimant 1 –
Wasserman Media Group
Ms. Lindsay Kagawa Colas, 10960 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
– Claimant 2 –
Both represented by Mr. Howard L. Jacobs
Ceyhan Belediye Spor Kulübü
Cumhuriyet Mah. Yavuz Bülent Bakiler Bulvari, No. 2/A Ceyhan – Adana, Turkey
– Respondent –
Upon providing both parties with an opportunity to be heard, having ascertained his jurisdiction and considered the factual and legal arguments as well as the requests for relief submitted in this case, the Arbitrator decides as follows:
1. Ceyhan Belediye Spor Kulübü is ordered to pay to Ms. Ashley Paris the amount of USD 16,000.00 for outstanding salary and late payment penalties, plus interest of 5% p.a. on this amount since 7 December 2012.
2. Ceyhan Belediye Spor Kulübü is ordered to pay to Wasserman Media Group the amount of USD 6,000.00 for outstanding agent fees, plus interest of 5% p.a. on this amount since 7 December 2012.
3. Ceyhan Belediye Spor Kulübü is ordered to pay jointly to Ms. Ashley Paris and Wasserman Media Group the amount of USD 6,008.20 as a contribution towards their legal fees and expenses. Ceyhan Belediye Spor Kulübü shall bear its own legal fees and expenses.
4. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 4,565.00 shall be borne by Ceyhan Belediye Spor Kulübü alone. Accordingly, Ceyhan Belediye Spor Kulübü shall pay jointly to Ms. Ashley Paris and Wasserman Media Group EUR 4,565.00. The balance of the Advance on Costs, in the amount of EUR 435.00, will be reimbursed to Ms. Ashley Paris and Wasserman Media Group by the BAT.
5. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons (see attached
Notice) shall be advanced by the requesting party.
6. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.
Geneva, seat of the arbitration, 03 April 2013
Arbitral Award 2/3
Notice about Request for Reasons
in accordance with Article 16.2 of the BAT Rules:
“By agreeing to submit their dispute to arbitration under these Rules, the Parties agree that, where the value of the dispute does not exceed EUR 30,000, the Arbitrator will issue an award without reasons. The Arbitrator shall deliver reasons only in the case where a party
a) files a request to that effect at any stage from when the Request for Arbitration is filed until no later than ten (10) days after the notification of the award without reasons; and
b) pays the respective advance on costs as determined and within the time limit set by the BAT Secretariat.”
On 28 December 2012, the BAT Secretariat informed the Parties that the amount of the advance on costs to be paid for a reasoned award in this case is EUR 5,000.00. The time limit for payment thereof shall be set by the BAT Secretariat upon receipt of the Request for
Reasons, if any.
Arbitral Award 3/3