BASKETBALL ARBITRAL TRIBUNAL (BAT)
Mr. Quentin Byrne-Sutton
in the arbitration proceedings between
Ms Iva Ciglar
Represented by Mr Joseph Gayer and Mr Nir Inbar Zysman, Aharoni, Gayer & Co. – Law Firm, 41-45 Rothschild Blvd, Tel Aviv 65784, Israel
Lover Sport Ltd. (Uni Seat Györ)
Kiskutliget, 9027 Györ, Hungary
Upon providing both parties with an opportunity to be heard, having ascertained his
jurisdiction and considered the factual and legal arguments as well as the requests for relief
submitted in this case, the Arbitrator decides as follows:
1. Lover Sport Ltd. (Uni Seat Györ) shall pay Ms Iva Ciglar the following amount as compensation for unpaid bonuses:
• EUR 8,000.00, plus interest at 5% per annum on such amount from 25 July 2012 onwards.
- The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 2,015.00 shall be borne by Lover Sport Ltd. (Uni Seat Györ) alone. Accordingly, Lover Sport Ltd. (Uni Seat Györ) shall pay to Ms Iva Ciglar EUR 2,015.00. The balance of the Advance on Costs, in the amount of EUR 1,985.00, will be reimbursed to Ms Iva Ciglar by the BAT.
- Lover Sport Ltd. (Uni Seat Györ) shall pay Ms Iva Ciglar an amount of EUR 3,500.00 as compensation for her legal fees and expenses.
- Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons (see attached Notice) shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
- Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.
Geneva, seat of the arbitration, 13 February 2013
Quentin Byrne-Sutton (Arbitrator)
Arbitral Award 2/3 (BAT 0340/12)
Notice about Request for Reasons
in accordance with Article 16.2 of the BAT Rules:
“By agreeing to submit their dispute to arbitration under these Rules, the Parties agree that, where the value of the dispute does not exceed EUR 30,000, the Arbitrator will issue an award without reasons. The Arbitrator shall deliver reasons only in the case where a party
a) files a request to that effect at any stage from when the Request for Arbitration is filed until no later than ten (10) days after the notification of the award without reasons; and
b) pays the respective advance on costs as determined and within the time limit set by the BAT Secretariat.”
On 23 November 2012 the BAT Secretariat informed the Parties that the amount of the advance on costs to be paid for a reasoned award in this case is EUR 5,000. The time limit for payment thereof shall be set by the BAT Secretariat upon receipt of the Request for Reasons, if any.
Arbitral Award 3/3 (BAT 0340/12)