BASKETBALL ARBITRAL TRIBUNAL (BAT)
Mr. Ulrich Haas
in the arbitration proceedings between
Mr. Georgios Diamantopoulos -Claimant
represented by Mr. Nikolaos Petratos-Livieratos, Attorney at Law 433 Agiou Nektariou str., Glyfada 16561, Greece
SAV Vacallo Basket
26 Via Bossi, 6830 Chiasso, Switzerland
Upon providing both parties with an opportunity to be heard, having ascertained his jurisdiction and considered the factual and legal arguments as well as the requests for relief submitted in this case, the Arbitrator decides as follows:
- SAV Vacallo Basket is ordered to pay to Mr. Georgios Diamantopoulos outstanding salaries in the amount of USD 7,000 and late payment penalties in an amount of USD 1,450.
- The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 4,500, shall be borne by SAV Vacallo Basket alone. Accordingly, SAV Vacallo Basket shall pay to Mr. Georgios Diamantopoulos EUR 4,500.
- SAV Vacallo Basket shall pay to Mr. Georgios Diamantopoulos EUR 3,957 as a contribution to his legal fees and expenses. SAV Vacallo Basket shall bear its own legal fees and expenses.
- Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons (see attached Notice) shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
- All other or further-reaching prayers for relief are dismissed.
Geneva, seat of the arbitration, 11 March 2013
Ulrich Haas (Arbitrator)
Arbitral Award 2/3 (BAT 0309/12)
Notice about Request for Reasons
in accordance with Article 16.2 of the BAT Rules:
“By agreeing to submit their dispute to arbitration under these Rules, the Parties agree that, where the value of the dispute does not exceed EUR 30,000, the Arbitrator will issue an award without reasons. The Arbitrator shall deliver reasons only in the case where a party
a) files a request to that effect at any stage from when the Request for Arbitration is filed until no later than ten (10) days after the notification of the award without reasons; and
b) pays the respective advance on costs as determined and within the time limit set by the BAT Secretariat.”
On 7 September 2012 the BAT Secretariat informed the Parties that the amount of the advance on costs to be paid for a reasoned award in this case is EUR 5,000. The time limit for payment thereof shall be set by the BAT Secretariat upon receipt of the Request for Reasons, if any.
Arbitral Award 3/3 (BAT 0309/12)