BASKETBALL ARBITRAL TRIBUNAL (BAT)
Mr. Ulrich Haas
in the arbitration proceedings between
Mr. Ilias Moutran
represented by Mr. Pantelis Dedes, attorney at law,
2 Xanthou Street, 10673 Athens, Greece
Agbu demirdjian center, Naccach Highway, P.O. Box 402, Antelias, Beirut, Lebanon
– Claimant –
– Respondent –
represented by Mr. Vicken Tcherchian, President and Mr. Gilbert Messihi, attorney at law, Ashrafieh 738 Sioufi Street, Beirut, Lebanon
Upon providing both parties with an opportunity to be heard, having ascertained his jurisdiction and considered the factual and legal arguments as well as the requests for relief submitted in this case, the Arbitrator decides as follows:
1. Antranik Y.A. is ordered to pay to Mr. Ilias Moutran the amount of USD 12,000 for unpaid salary plus interest in the amount of 5% per annum on the aforementioned amount from 21 May 2012.
2. The costs of this arbitration until the present Award, which were determined by the President of the BAT to be in the amount of EUR 4,000, shall be borne by Antranik Y.A. Accordingly, Antranik Y.A. shall pay to Mr. Ilias Moutran EUR
3. Antranik Y.A. is ordered to pay to Mr. Ilias Moutran the amount of EUR 5,000 as a contribution towards his legal fees and expenses. Antranik Y.A. shall bear its own legal fees and expenses.
4. Any arbitration costs associated with a Request for Reasons (see attached
Notice) shall be advanced and borne by the requesting party.
5. Any other or further-reaching requests for relief are dismissed.
Geneva, seat of the arbitration, 10 July 2013
Arbitral Award 2/3
Notice about Request for Reasons
in accordance with Article 16.2 of the BAT Rules:
“By agreeing to submit their dispute to arbitration under these Rules, the Parties agree that, where the value of the dispute does not exceed EUR 30,000, the Arbitrator will issue an award without reasons. The Arbitrator shall deliver reasons only in the case where a party
a) files a request to that effect at any stage from when the Request for Arbitration is filed until no later than ten (10) days after the notification of the award without reasons; and
b) pays the respective advance on costs as determined and within the time limit set by the BAT Secretariat.”
On 9 July 2012 the BAT Secretariat informed the Parties that the amount of the advance on costs to be paid for a reasoned award in this case is EUR 5,000. The time limit for payment
thereof shall be set by the BAT Secretariat upon receipt of the Request for Reasons, if any.
Arbitral Award 3/3